Today has been a pretty relaxing day for healing. There a couple things that have become more of an annoyance today, besides the usual pain and stiffness. (1) My ears are more clogged and (2) my skin is very dry itchy feeling all over. This just started yesterday, so I'm not sure what's going on. Yesterday the only thing that changed in my diet was that I added Liquid Tylenol. I took some Benadryl as a caution just in case I am allergic to something. It may just (I hope!) be that my skin is dried out from being in the Cali climate vs. being in Vermont.

The new jaw here is quite stiff, my muscles are really tired, and I still feel like I have a huge pumpkin head. I know the swelling is going down, but i just can't feel it. I took a good 2 hour nap this afternoon, which did help with the pain, but I think it made me more stiff. I also woke up from my nap with me cheek resting on my shoulder! This is not cool with me. I always sleep elevated and have a neck pillow around my neck to prevent me from tipping over like I did during today's nap. This afternoon the pillow must have fallen out. Now my left cheek is more swollen than before. It's times like these where I really wish I could use ice. But I am following Dr.'s Orders to a T!

One of the hardest things to get used to is not licking my lips! Blistex is my best friend and has really helped keep my lips moist and comfortable.

My diet hasn't changed any. I am still drinking Gatorade, 7-Up, Special K drinks, and water. I took out the Boost drinks because I think they had too much sugar and were making me nauseous. I am starting to be able to feel my teeth touching, at least on the sides. I know my bite is aligned the right way all the way around, it's just I can't feel them all.

My Mom and I decided today would be a good day to try and ease off of the Oxy and see how I do pain wise. So I have been taking 1/3 less Oxy and taking Tylenol in between each Oxy dose (which is every 4 hours). I don't think it's working very well...my pain has been more of a 7 today instead of at a 6 like yesterday. But I'm going to continue to try it because I don't want to be on heavy meds for too long.

I'm interested in what Dr. Gunson is going to say tomorrow considering my next followup isn't supposed to be till next Tuesday. I'll keep everyone posted!

Smiling Pumpkin Head! :)

Comments

  1. mar, i'm sorry the meds aren't working well today. hopefully that can get all figured out!! have you gone thru all of the blistex i gave you yet? :o) gl on the dr appt tomorrow! we love you!!!!!!!!!!! (oh, and bella is feeling better, joanie told me the fever broke this afternoon. just thought you'd like to know.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that is such good news about Bella!! Yay! And I have gone through 1.5 tubes of Blistex thus far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, your profile looks amazing!! Keep hanging in there as it only gets better from here.

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

166 Days Post-Op