It only took a week, but pain is finally under control!

I would consider today my most comfortable day since surgery. Pain wise I am still at a 6/10, but it is reliable. My doses of medication are working well to maintain this level, and not go higher. I think a 6/10 is a good place to be. It reminds me that I need to take it easy and rest, while at the same time I am not miserable. The Mucinex is working wonders for my congestion (both nasal and chest) so I didn't have to go in for a chest x-ray today! Waahooo!!

Mom and Dad had some quality time venturing out into the "real world" while I was able to stay back and rest. My body needed this time. Numbness is the same as this morning, although I have been moving my lips in different ways trying to promote some nerve activity. I get a lot of tingles and itches, along with some sensitivity to temperature. Dad took me on my 5 min. walk this evening, and by the end of it I just wanted to lay down. I am easily fatigued. I think if I try to up the intake of calories I will be better, but I don't want to push my muscles to work too hard swallowing, as it still feels very unnatural.

I got more flowers today! This time they are from my friend Jenee who was my roommate when we studied in Florence! Thank you Jenee! They were very unexpected! :)

I'm keeping my fluid intake up and moisturizing my face every few hours. It has started to peel in the areas that are stretched out the most. My ears a still clogged like they get when flying. I've been trying to take small sips of water to help. I got one ear to pop earlier, but then it came right back.

Overall I am feeling a bit more like myself today. I still have a long road of recovery ahead, but right now it seems attainable.

Thanks for all of your comments, texts, and messages! They really make my day! I couldn't get through this without knowing I had a team behind me!

I wonder though, if and when the bruising is really going to start....

Keep on Smiling!

Comments

  1. You have a great team because we have a great captain (that's you!) You're incredible and I know there's a long road ahead of you but if anyone can do it...it's you! Love you and miss you. Vermont's not the same w/out you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

166 Days Post-Op