Day 18....First Evening Out....

Today has been very long. Katy was able to come over and spend time with me while Sam had work to do. For dinner she made me Progresso beef stew blended with beef broth. This has reportedly been "very good" and "one of the best." I for one will not be having this again. After finishing my mug of this concoction I nearly vomited. I swear the only thing that stopped me is that I didn't want to have to taste is twice...sorry to be so graphic, but it was that bad. As for the banana, peanut butter, apple juice smoothie I reported on yesterday...it was at best, OK. I will probably have it again because I know it has great nutrients in it, and I didn't have to gag it down...I have yet to find one blended meal that I enjoy. I may just be stuck drinking Special-K drinks till January...I do not have the energy to keep trying terrible blends, they are too much effort...(feeling a bit negative, I'll probably sing a different tune on blends tomorrow...)

My pain today was under control until this evening. I started the day at a 4, currently at a 7-8 waiting for the medication to kick in. We went to a friends house for dinner (I sat and drank water while others dined on stuffed shells, salad, and garlic bread...it looked and smelled amazing). I forgot my pain meds...we were there for 4 or so hours, and it wasn't till we were leaving and I left my perch from the couch that I realized how much pain I really was in. It is really my muscles that are in spasm, more on the right than the left. It is weird to me that I have more swelling on the left side than the right because the right seems to be so much more painful. Getting out for the evening was nice, but I think I should have done it in a smaller dose. I just do not have the stamina.

I continue to have right ear pain. Same today as yesterday....water park sounds and pain....I think the ear imbalance is really having an affect on my balance/making me dizzy. This is frustrating. 9 out of 10 times when I bend over to pick something up I get very dizzy.


I'm glad my swelling is still steadily going down day by day. I know that sitting and sleeping almost at a 90deg. angle is always helping.

Changing my bands, doing my exercises, and brushing are slowly getting better each time I do them. It is still not very easy to get my baby toothbrush between my teeth, but I can do it with a lot of effort.

I think that's all I'll blog on tonight, with the pain and spasms in my head right now I'm sure being in front of the computer isn't helping...

...still smiling, even while spasming...happy to have such support from Sam and Katy today :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

166 Days Post-Op