12 Days Post-Op

Twelve days post-op and it feels the same as 10 and 11 for the most part. My swelling my have decreased a little, and I do have some feeling now in the left half of my bottom lip, but other than that I think everything is the same. Again, my pictures are not great because of the camera phone rather than a real camera, but they'll have to do.
I am really excited about the lack of dark circles under my eyes. It is amazing what larger airways and solid sleep can do! I still have a lot of strain on my joints. I think it comes from the elastics. I am going to ask Dr.G tomorrow at my final post-op before flying home later in the afternoon. My ears are also still blocked up, I really wish they would "pop" before getting on the airplane tomorrow. I am worried if they don't it'll be really painful with the air pressure. I wonder how long I am going to have the swelling in my cheeks. I know it can last weeks or months...I hope it goes down sooner rather than later. I am anxious to know what my face is going to look like when all is said and done.
I realized yesterday that my gums are numb. I guess I should have assumed they were numb because everything else is/was, but for some reason I thought I could feel them. What I realized I can feel is my cheeks rubbing against my brackets. I'm not sure how I could have confused this as having feeling in my gums, but I did. Tomorrow I get to brush my teeth for the first time since surgery! I am very excited to have a fresh clean mouth! I have my reservations because of my stitches and the lack of feeling in my gums I am now so painfully aware of. I am really excited to brush my tongue! The 8 rinses a day have been good, but they are nothing compared to a good brushing!

With leaving tomorrow I am excited to go back to the comforts of being in my own home, but I am unexpectedly nervous about being so far away from the comfort of Dr.G and his team. I am also not looking forward to going back to the cold northeast...it has been great being in warm, sunny Santa Barbara.

Today I am going to relax as much as possible, and clean up the all the flowers and kitchen here in our hotel room...and of course, smile! :)

Comments

  1. you are looking sooooooo good!!!!!! i hope you had a great day today. if it gets too cold in vt, you can always come down here for a bit. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

166 Days Post-Op