Swellllling...ughh

The swelling is hopefully at it's peak right now, it is putting a lot of pressure on my ears and TMJ's. I'm making myself feel better by wearing this shirt:

"You should see the other guy!"

I am using a tissue to catch residual nose bleeds. I took a shower today...still can't wash my face because of the Frankenstein stitch between my eyes. My diet right now consists of: Water, Gatorade, Boost, Special K protein drinks. I've taken a couple walks today, I even went down the stairs (all of this, of course, with Mom or Dad on my arm. I don't have scale so I don't know if I've lost any weight, but it's also hard to tell because of the drugs I am on right now my whole body is swollen.

My pain level right now is at a 7 on a 10-scale.

Thank you to Sam, Bunny & Pete, Mom & Dad, and Holy Trinity for sending me flowers! They are the best, and really make me smile under this 50,000lbs of swelling.

My parents are the best...they are giving me all my fluids and meds when I need them, and tolerating me when I get too frustrated to talk. The mini-white board has been awesome to have! Thanks Mom & Dad! I hope that next week I'll be feeling better so they can go do fun things for about an hour or two at time.


Ok, going to nap again...smile!

Comments

  1. Wow, the swelling really gets crazy. I'm gonna need this surgery a few years down the road and you scare me when you say the the pain is a 7 out of 10; does 10=torture???

    Anyway, keep hanging in there cause you're doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dan,

    The swelling is causing the pain for me...my joints are just pissed as it is, and to add more pressure to the area just makes it worse.

    10 = the very worst you can tolerate...Don't get freaked out, it is only temporary! They say by Monday I should be feeling a lot better. I think ice would make it feel better, but Dr. G & A do not use ice because it hinders blood flow to the area, which we need to promote healing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheer Up Mary!!!! The worst has happened, so try to keep your mind busy reading, watching tv, sleeping or just listenig music. I wish I could go to visit you but it's imposible, so I send you lots of spanish kisses!!!! HAHAHA

    Take care, I will keep reading to know how are you!
    Pa

    Besosssssss

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

166 Days Post-Op