Day 6 Post-Op

For the operation they not only had the regular top-of-the-hand IV for fluids, meds, et. al., but also during the actual operation they had an IV in my artery. They do this to keep a good watch on blood pressure, at least this is what I remember my anesthesiologist Dr. Funk saying before he gave me my "forget everything" drugs. I also remember wanting to ask Dr. Funk if he enjoys James Brown, but I didn't get a chance too. Now that I'm thinking back on it, I'm sure he enjoys James Brown, who doesn't? Anyway, on day 6 post-op this is the bruise that still remains from the IV in my artery.

So here's today's best shot! I think I look a little better swelling wise, but I can tell you I feel worse. I think I am getting more feeling in my cheeks, which would be good reason as to why I feel worse. Right now I don't have feeling in the right side of my nose, my right upper cheek, and my chin. I have an overall feeling of stiffness, I'm assuming because of the swelling. I have feeling in my upper lip, but not my lower lip. I have a great amount of pressure in my ears and joint areas. Here's the 'ol profile again. To me it's pretty crazy how much my nose has changed. They did nothing to touch my actual nose, but by lowering my pallet, the arch of my nose was lowered too. I don't mind, my nose has always "added character" and I could take it or leave it. If after all the swellings gone, and everything is all said and done, that arch somehow comes back it won't matter to me in the least. Here's a close up of the profile. You can see a little yellowing/bruising starting down toward the jaw line. Also, I have this mystery wound on my ear. I see Dr.G today so I'm going to have to ask him about it. For now I'm been putting neosporin on it. At my appointment today I'll be getting my "Frankenstein" stitch out from between my eyes. I still have a lot of congestion and have been coughing up yucky dark mucous. Coughing causes me so much pain that my eyes instantly water. I am taking Sudafed liquid to help with the congestion. I am going to ask Dr. G about my chest congestion, I hope I don't have an infection. I have been doing all of my breathing exercises, as told...
Alright, it's nap time once again....smile!

Comments

  1. Mary! It's starting to really come along! We can see it looking better and you can actually see a jaw line! Pete and I are glad you liked the flowers and we can't wait to actually have a phone conversation with you, that is, when you can talk without wanting to kill yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that you're looking more and more like YOU!! I'm sorry you're hurting more, but it's good to have feeling in your cheeks. That's interesting about your nose. I can't wait to see everything when its all done! I'm so proud of you, Mar. You have more guts and determination than anyone I know. Keep up the good work!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary! That pain needs to come down! What are you on? But you look great- brusing is healing :) That is very interesting about the nose. When do "they" think the swelling will be mostly gone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh btw i have no idea how this blog works, so, this is anna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Anna! Tell me about it! I'm on 3tsp./4hrs of Oxy right now, which is the highest med. he can give me. Oh the swelling will be around for months. The last swelling to go will be in my upper jaw/lip/nose area because that is where the most invasive bone grafting was done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

166 Days Post-Op