Pictures, Pictures, Pictures- Day 25

Sam and I just got back from "Fantastic Mr. Fox" and it was pretty great. It was REALLY great to get out! We also went to the co-op on the walk home and I got a "Naked" brand drink which was delicious! I believe it was strawberry. It was one of the thinner ones so it went down like a charm! I also went to the fresh soup and they had a minestrone. I took the ladle and got all the broth I could. I still had to strain it when I got home, but it was REALLY tasty! I am still nauseous today, but these foods made me feel like a real person.

On top of going to the movie, and on top of going to the store, I am very proud of myself for walking to the movie, co-op, and back home. Round trip probably just over half-a-mile, uphill on the way home. I was tired when we got home, but it felt good :) I think it will help me sleep tonight.

So this blog really is about pictures since I haven't posted any since day 21. I think you all will be impressed with my swelling! I still have some to loose. It is worse every morning, and gets better as the day goes on.

Here's the profile, I think it really shows off my swelling well ;)


And the close up. I really am so happy with this because I look like myself, I mean my pre-surgery self, just better. I look like I should have if my jaw haddn't gone crazy. I love it! Thank you to all my doctors again!

So here are a series of pictures that look quite silly, but they are me trying to stretch my scar tissue so I am able to have good movement as I heal.


I do these every day and can feel them working. Maybe next time I post pictures I'll post my ROM so everyone can really see what 12mm looks like.

I don't feel like blogging on pain or anything negative in this post, so you'll just have to read my one from earlier today because the status is the same :)

Thank you to all of my family and friends for the support :) As all other jaw surgery people know it would be nearly impossible to get through this process without the support of family and friends.

Smiling, through bands and all :)

Comments

  1. i love the pic mar!! i would have laughed out loud, but bella's sleeping. i've got a question about your nauseousness (sp?...i know that i get nauseous if i'm not eating enough. sometimes it gets to the point where i just don't want to eat at all, but i know i've got to in order to feel better. do you think that may be what's happening to you? that you're just not eating (ie drinking) enough to settle your stomach? i don't know, just a thought.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making progress, Mary. Every day a little more. Keep the faith - I've never seen anyone as careful and conscious of your medications and as good at following instructions as you. You and Bella are both taking baby steps, but pretty soon you'll both be running.

    Sleep well.

    Love,. Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're mom and dad sound so cute! haha, I love the pics, Mary!! I can't wait to see you without your braces and bands!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

166 Days Post-Op