Day 9 Post-Op

Overnight a headache has settled in right between my eyes, I think a little higher than where my Frankenstein stitch was. I also have more pain & muscle stiffness in my joints, and chin. I do not think the lower dose of Oxy every 4hrs with a dose of Tylenol at the 2hr. half mark is working. I'll have to ask Dr. G about it today. I woke up today at 7AM (an hour after taking 2tsp of Oxy) and my pain level was at a 7-7.5. At 8AM I took the Tylenol as it was at the 2hr mark past when I last took the Oxy. I still feel the same. I think I just need more patience. The grafting sites are going to hurt. And compared to me this time last week, I am doing a heck of a lot better!


(Ignore the 10 Day Post-Op...I guess it was wishful thinking...)

I still feel like my face is lop-sided because of the swelling. This could have something to do with the fact that I woke up tilted over again. I don't know what's happened to my pillow system that used to hold me up all night, but it is failing me now! I'm going to have to try out some new pillow configurations when I nap today to see how I can better stabilize my head so my left cheek doesn't end up resting on my shoulder!

That upper lip is crazy to me! I didn't even know I had that much of a lip before! I hope it goes down to more of my lower lips size. Dr.G said this will be the area that stays swollen for the longest due to the grafting. This is hard because I really do not know what I'm going to look like under all the swelling. I can feel that there is still a lot in my cheeks. A lot of it feels like "hard" swelling, is that bad? Another question for Dr. G today.

I like how in this profile picture you can see the anti-nausea patch behind my ear. You can still see a little unknown war wound on my ear from surgery. I am really going to try and ask Dr. G about it today, although I'm sure it's something so unexciting that it won't even be worth blogging about...big 'ol hype for nothing.

Somehow in the last 24hrs the cravings have started...I need cheese and crackers, and pizza, and a breakfast burrito, and steak, and well anything else that has crunch and flavor!

One positive thing I have noticed is that the dark circles under my eyes that I have had as far back as I can remember seem to be fading away! I'm thinking this is because I now have double the airway sizes! Very exciting. Also, my right cheek by my nose is waking up a bit, it has this itchy feeling that just won't go away, I'm thinking that those are some nerves wanting to get out of bed and go to work!

Ok off to take my short walk and then rest before my appointment this afternoon.

Keep Smiling :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

166 Days Post-Op