My Muscle's Are FREAKING OUT

I'll start with a positive, my ROM is now 13mm. I gained 1mm this week! Can I get a "Whoohooo" for progress?!?! While at my weekly ortho appointment I also found that my brushing isn't great...I already knew this as it is difficult to even get a baby toothbrush into my mouth. I have to put in even more effort into brushing. It is just so difficult when you can't feel your gums and use the feeling of your brackets and what you can see in the mirror as a guide. All I can do is continue to work at it! I do not want to have issues with plaque.

On a different note, my jaw muscles refuse to relax just as before surgery. My body does not react well to the high dose of muscle relaxer needed to force them to relax. Due to this there is talk of a referral from Dr. G to a doctor who will do BOTOX injections to force my muscles to relax. This scares me because I think it's very invasive; however, the pain from the spasms is exhausting. I just wish my body would relax on it's own. I don't know why it must take all the stress in my body and force it into my TMJs. In connection with this I got the green light to go back to physical therapy to do postural restoration which should help with my body directing the stress in the right ways. My history (pre-surgery) with this has proved that it does not solve all. I'm thinking (seriously just came to me right now....) that maybe if I get these BOTOX injections which last I believe for 4mo at a time (could be wrong), that during this time I could train my body with PT to work properly and not make my TMJs work so hard. This wouldn't have work pre-surgery because of my malocclusion of my teeth, but now that I have a perfect bite (whoohooo!) maybe this will work? I don't know. Like I said, this is just a thought I had right now. As an aside, I have read conflicting things as to whether or not this type of BOTOX is covered by insurance. Let's pray it is.

Pain is still high due to the muscle's being in spasm. Feeling in my right cheek is coming back more and more. My chin and bottom right side of my lip are burning and spazzing as I type right now. I'm so excited about getting all of this feeling back. I am so grateful!

Well that's all I've got for now, maybe soon I'll be smiling with BOTOX??!?! I'll keep you posted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

166 Days Post-Op