Fist Pump of Victory! 2 Days Post-op

I did it!! Recovery has been difficult...having to re-learn how to swallow with my new airway configurations. Taking medications is frustrating because I have only feeling in my upper lip and tongue, they make me nauseous. They didn't have to do any work on my chin, so that is a plus. They did have to use 3 types of bone graphing. The surgery was scheduled for 5 hours, but it only took them 3.5. They said it couldn't have gone better!

This is all I have energy to post right now....under all this swelling I'm still smiling :)

Comments

  1. Yay!!! I've been waiting for you to write, hoping it all went well! It seems like it all really worked out for the best! Best of luck and show us some post-op pics when you can (no rush though!)

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear the surgery went well! You can re-acquaint yourself with food once the swelling goes down...there will still be plenty to eat!!! Enjoy the peace of silence and relax while you heal.

    Thinking of you,

    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

166 Days Post-Op