Saturday Night Ramblings

I feel like each day I progress in different ways, and other ways I fall behind. It is a back and forth struggle that has me spinning! However, after talking with Dr.G today I am hopeful that it will get better. He told me to stop taking the Zocor, which I was taking for it's side-effect of anti-inflammatory. We think it is the culprit for my terrible upset stomach, et. al. I have yet to feel relief, but I hope it comes tomorrow! Dr. G asked I call him again tomorrow (even on a Sunday!) to update on my status.

Last night I was crippled with terrible cramps from my hips to my toes. I got up to walk several times in the night, this brought no relief, but it did slightly take my mind off of it. When I woke up and came to my senses I realized the cramps were from dehydration for sure! I have been good today about staying hydrated and the cramps have stopped. Sam also made me a variation of the previously mentioned banana-apple juice- peanut butter smoothie. This time substituting milk for the apple juice. It was much better, and I think it gave me much needed nutrients.

This day/evening and last I have been graced with the presence of several good friends to hang out with who I haven't seen since pre-surgery. I also was able to see an old roommate, husband, and new baby today. Quite fun seeing everyone! Thank you everyone for visiting, it means so much! This afternoon I did take a much needed and overdue nap, socializing is quite exhausting.

In the ways of pain I am feeling at about a 6/10. I blame this on the banding, and the devil hook. For pain I am still taking Tylenol. I also have more muscle spasms in my jaw and head in general because I am not taking enough muscle relaxers due to the fact that they make me depressed when I do take enough (see previous posts...). Dr. G said he is going to be thinking of something to solve this problem.

It is frustrating being so sensitive to all of these medications.

My bite is still spot-on. I am doing my exercises twice a day. I do not think my ROM is getting any bigger. It is going to take time, just like my swelling. Still needs to come down...I'll post pictures again soon.

As for feeling in my face, I am getting more! I can feel almost all of my nose now! This just happened last night. I felt it twitch and itch, and BAM feeling! The right nostril is still a bit numb, but I'm so excited to have the rest of the feeling in my nose. My cheek is still not back 100% but it is getting there, and so is my chin. They get more and more feeling every day. My bottom lip on the other hand...the right side just does not want to come back! I feel it burning more now, and it almost twitches when the left side of my lip and chin do.

I continue to have cravings for food. Solid food. This is a dream months away, I am going to need to figure something out soon because I am driving myself crazy!

I have so much to smile for, and need to put the rest up on the shelf and worry about only when necessary.

Comments

  1. hey mar! i'm glad you're getting to visit with friends today! you shouldn't be surprised about being sensitive to drugs - i remember the time in the rv when we gave you a whole dramamine tablet (instead of the usual half) and you slept forever!!! i've updated craig's family (all ka-billion of them here at the ranch) and showed them pictures from the blog. they all told me to tell you that they are praying for you! oh - and chris wants to know if you've weighed yourself yet...there was a time when he couldn't eat real food for a few months b/c of a basketball injury to the jaw and remembers how much weight he lost.

    love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cind! yay! thanks for sharing it! I appreciate all the prayers! You can let Chris know that I have lost 15lbs thus far...i had gained 20-25lbs before surgery, so I am safe for losing any more in the coming months.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

166 Days Post-Op