On The West Coast!

After a long day of travel, we made in to Santa Barbara at about 9:30PM west coast time (12:30AM EST). Our hotel is nice, the room is bigger than we thought it was going to be, so that is a plus! Hopefully we won't step on each others toes too much!

This morning we woke up to this incredible view!
The time change is going to take some getting used to! I thought I slept in this morning, but I really woke up at 6ish...not cool.

I still have all of this drainage going on, which makes it sound like I have a cold with all my nose blowing and coughing, but it's all clear. My body just doesn't know what to do without being on the anti-inflammatory meds.

Today is going to be for "nesting" and relaxing. Tomorrow starts all of the doctors appointments...I'll let you all know how they go, and I'll try to upload diagrams, photos, and xrays.

Happy November! Keep on smiling!

Comments

  1. Go Mary!! You made it to Santa Barbara! What a beautiful view! Good luck with the appointments and enjoy your relaxation time :)

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you mind posting a picture of Dr. Gunson's measurements? I'd like to compare mine to yours. I don't quite understand all the numbers in the top left corner. Do you know the one I'm talking about. It has lines of where your jaw and teeth are now, and a prediction of where they will be post surgery. Also, do you know if Dr. Gunson is rotating your upper jaw counter clockwise, meaning tilting your upper jaw down in the back?
    Thanks Mary. Good luck. I'm am so jealous right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's called the ceph diagram...I'll try to have him send it to my email along with the photo's, x-rays, and final diagnostics. I'll try to remember all the details so I can explain the ceph diagram. He is going to be rotating my jaw, I don't remember how much or where, but I'll get that info tomorrow too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck Big Mar! you're definitely in my thoughts! i will also be home at Christmas so i will have to pop in and see you if you're around =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Halloween! (belated) I'm in my midterm week at school, so I hadn't checked your blog in about a week, but I'm so happy to see that you're in the very final of final stages! haha You're in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

166 Days Post-Op