Day 19...First Post-Op Ortho Appointment

Today I had my first post-op ortho appointment. It went very well. All Dr.Chira will be doing for at least the next 8 weeks is checking my bite and measuring my ROM (range of motion - how far I can open my mouth), along with making sure my bite is still spot-on. Today my ROM was 12mm, my goal is 46mm...so I have quite a ways to go; however, I am proud of the progress I have made as I haven't even been at the exercises for a week yet. She took pictures, and I think she'll be sending them to Dr. Mac at least.
Today I am again quite exhausted. I drove myself to the ortho because it was a short 10 min drive. I felt normal and okay driving, but I don't think it is best to drive. Tomorrow Sam will be driving me to my appointment with Dr.Myers in the morning before he has class, and I have a couple people lined up to drive me to physical therapy in the afternoon while Sam is at work. At physical therapy we won't be doing anything. She is just going to check in and see how I am doing. The most I might do is lay on some heat, which I think will feel amazing! But we'll see what happens. Here's the new profile again! I think the swelling looks worse from this angle. Despite the swelling I am still very happy with my profile. All of my doctors are very impressed and excited about it as well, this makes me feel excited!
Here's the frontal shot again. The left side is still more swollen than the right. But they are both coming down slowly. I would like to remind everyone that I have NOT been using ice for the WHOLE time post-op, and honestly there have only been a couple times when I thought it would help. During those times my face felt really hot, so I instead put a cool (not cold) washcloth on my face and it felt much better.
My right ear seems a little better today, hopefully on the road to being back to normal! My pain level today has been about a 6, which isn't great...the muscle spasms in my right jaw have increased...as have the spasms in my lip and chin. They now move on there own quite frequently, and almost violently. I find it quite amusing, and am excited that this probably means they will wake up and I'll regain feeling soon. I also still do not have feeling on the right side of my nose and my right cheek.

I think that's all I have to report on today. I still am very grateful for friends visiting (Rach & Mike today!) and Sam & my family. Without their support I would be a mess of frustration.

Gotta keep smiling, each day gets better in different ways!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

166 Days Post-Op