Day 16...Starting A New Routine

Today I decided to try giving my biggest smile in my daily picture. It is uneven, I think because I don't have feeling on one side of my face. I also have a lot of swelling still in my upper lip and cheeks so that part looks a little odd. I had my first post-op with Dr.Myers (osteopath) today. She was very excited about my results and my treatment went really well. She checked out my ears because of my right ear. She found that my right ear tube is bent or twisted in some way, along with having fluid in it. I asked Dr. G's office about this, they said it will fix its self in time. It is twisted because of the way they had to rotate my jaw during surgery. I hope it fixes soon because I am sick of the water park in my ear! Other than my ear my pain has been under control today. I would say a 5. I haven't had a nap, but I have been resting.
I have noticed that my bottom left part of my lip has been twitching a lot. This is the side of my lip that I actually have feeling. I don't know what's going on, but it's kind of interesting.

When changing my bands I have found it is getting easier and easier, although it is still my most dreaded aspect of my day. I have to change them twice a day. The front one just hurts so much on the bottom. I have added the picture below so you can see what I am talking about.
Where the band pulls on the bottom hook it hurts SO MUCH because it is no longer numb. The Oragel really does nothing. In the picture you can see how my skin is forming around the top screw. I didn't even notice it was doing this until yesterday. I don't think it is a problem.

Today I noticed brushing is easier after doing my 15 minute opening-shutting exercises. I can open just barely enough to get the baby tooth brush inside. It always feels so good to brush!

I have finally started my new routine for my medicine & eating. I think it will work well. It is hard balancing which medicines and supplements can be taken when and with what and how much and don't take this one with that one, don't take this one on that day, make sure to take this one when you do this, but not after you do that....sheesh!

I really enjoy and appreciate the time my friends (and sister) have spend hanging out with me. I know it isn't very exciting but I really do appreciate it! It makes me feel much less isolated! So thank you to everyone who's visited! If you haven't I would love to see you! :) I would also like to add that some people have thought I wouldn't be able to talk, but I can talk, I just can't be a "chatter box." I talk through gritted teeth so inflection is difficult, but for the most part my speech is clear.

I think that is all for today...smiling :)

Comments

  1. man mar, that pic is intense!!! (the close up of your mouth) i'm glad that you're getting into a routine of sorts. make sure to let katy and sam take care of you if needed - katy was the one who would remind me to eat when she came down to see bella (i had no idea why i was so cranky at 5pm...). anyway, i love you and i really do wish we were comming up for thanksgiving - i miss you guys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're a superstar mary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your smile looks great! that band looks really painful!! and the sore on your lip, ouch! Thanks for the pics, I like seeing all that is going on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you look beautiful! It's so nice to see a big smile on your face again! The butternut squash soup is a hit...and it doesn't really need much in terms of pureeing. I will come over and make you a batch when I get back! (This is also a little selfish of me, because I want to play with the immersion blender. I'm such a wacko.) Mike and I will see you soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look good to me Mary!! Just look at how much you have progressed post-op!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

166 Days Post-Op