This week has been a roller coaster with pain meds, muscle relaxers, and trying to eat. On top of it I have apparently got the "post-op blues." This is quite common, but I thought I had skipped it since it usually comes around day 10...AND on top of this I am quite nauseous and sick. After talking with Dr.G he thinks I have too much acid in my stomach and has put me on Prilosec along with reducing the muscle relaxer back down to only two pills a day instead of three. I hope this helps both my stomach and my mood. My mood really didn't start heading south till I upped the muscle relaxer. Here's hoping!

Thanksgiving was very difficult. The pumpkin soup was a fail, I was too nauseous to even get one sip in, so I had chicken broth instead. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, I love being able to cook, and enjoy spending time with family and friends...and of course the food...but this year I felt like I missed out on it all. I'll just have to make it up in several months when I can. All the food looked and smelled amazing!

My energy level is still very low. It's hard to get energy when you can't eat...

I don't mean to sound so down in this post, I am still very happy with the rest of my recovery, but it's these other non-jaw related details that sneak up on me. I know this will pass and I'll be feeling better soon. The weather here in the north east is also quite cold and dismal, I don't think this helps the mood either....

Again, thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers!

Gotta keep smiling!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

166 Days Post-Op