Day 13- Taking the Red Eye Home!

Day 13- Swelling is better! Pain is better! I'd say more of a 4, I'm thinking by the time I get home I really won't need to be on heavy meds anymore! I am still fatigued easily, and am very excited to start my new diet!!

In a couple hours Sam and I'll be going to my final post-op with Dr. Gunson. I get to brush my teeth!!!!!! Biggest fist pump of victory of the week!! So excited! It is like a horror film in there! I also get to practice opening/shutting without the elastics, learn how to put on the elastics, and maybe I'll get more pictures?? Maybe not. Not sure. I think this appointment is about an hour long.

We fly out of Santa Barbara at about 5 tonight, we connect up in Portland, then take the red-eye all the way back east to JFK. We get in to Burlington, VT at 10:30 tomorrow morning! Thanks to Mom, Dad & air miles we get to fly first class from Portland to JFK!! WHOOHOOOO!! So lucky! Thank you so much Mom and Dad!

The last 13 days have gone by so fast! I am very proud of the progress I've made thus far, and hope to continue on this steady route to recovery!

Thank you everyone for your support! Next time you'll hear from me I'll be on the East Coast again!

Smile :)

Comments

  1. Safe travels and congrats on making it this far!

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. the swelling looks soooooooooooooooo much better!! i hope your flight goes well! has sam finished the transformers activity book yet? i'm quite jealous about the 1st class thing....still the only one in the fam that hasn't flown it, but i know that you really need it!!!! get plenty of rest on the plane. when does sam have to go back to work/school?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

166 Days Post-Op