Tomorrow!!!!!

Tomorrow's the big day!! Finalllllly!! Today I had my pre-op at the hospital. They took blood to test, gave me a tour, and told me about the process tomorrow. I didn't really learn any new information other than they will be putting stockings on my legs to help with circulation and prevent blood clots. The nurse, Doris, who met with me was very comforting and supportive. Then I met with Dr. S for a physical. ALL CLEAR!

I forgot a couple things about yesterday...I will have four plates, each with 4 screws on the upper and bottom...so a totally of 8 plates and 32 screws...did I do the math right?

Also, I don't think I mentioned that they don't want me using ice at all for swelling. This is because they don't want any blood flow restriction to the areas. I think it will be frustrating not to use ice, when I get really swollen on days 3-5 post, but it'll be worth it in the long run.

Right now I am just so excited to be done all of the pre-op stuff, and am really looking forward to having it all done TOMORROW! I am not nervous about anything. This surprises me, I really thought I'd be a nervous wreck, but I think I'll sleep well tonight. If not it's just because I'm excited not nervous! Tonight I'm going to practice drinking out of my sippy cup, and practice washing out my mouth the way I'm going to have to post-op since I won't be able to brush my teeth for 10 or so days. My last meal is going to be some (hopefully) delish linguine with meat sauce and lots of garlic bread!

Well, I guess those are my final words with this 'ol jaw!

Smiling On!

Comments

  1. Good luck!!! We can't wait to hear how you're doing on the "other side"!!

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today is the day, Good luck Mary!!!
    I will ask to the Sams to know about you!!

    Love you!!! PA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been following your blog as I will be seeing Dr. Gunson myself. I wish you a smooth and speedy recovery!

    Mike
    Chicago
    mike.jung2 (a) gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

166 Days Post-Op