Houston We Have A Smile!


Check it out!! I have enough feeling in my face to be able to give a little smile!! Talking is still nearly impossible, but I CAN SMILE 4.5 days post-op!!

In other news, pain for today has been from a 7-9. I think it's so bad because my muscles are freaking out. I have a muscle relaxer to take at bedtime, but I think if I had one to take more frequently I would be in so much more comfort! My tongue is feeling really gross, and a bit raw. Not sure what to do to help that out. I am still coughing up mucus- mostly dark brown- and whenever I do this my jaw freaks out...I know I need to get this stuff out, but it is so hard when it is so painful!

I am still very please with results thus far. I can feel nerves waking up in my chin and cheeks, but mostly I cannot feel temperature or touch.

Alright, now onto smiling some more!

Comments

  1. You're really brave Mary, I'm following your blog from Spain and thinking about you lots! Something put me in a sad mood today (very very hard to do in Spain!) but reading this before bed made me smile and made me not worry so much. I excited to keep seeing your progress and see you in person when I return in December! You inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey mare, I love you. I wish I could be there. You are healing so quickly. Knowing you, all that swelling must mean your body's taking care of business. It's good to hear you're walkin around with mom and dad. You were a willful little fox before the surgery, now you're gonna be a willful little fox who's got the conquering of 15.5 nations under your belt. I mean I know mom and dad are there, but even if the whole world was there you're still going through things you can't communicate. I love you terribly. I hope the next couple weeks go quickly so your pain is down(!) and we can all be chillin with the most willful fox of all. Mac says you have mona lisa's smile in this picture. So you're a willful little fox and an enigma! i love you i love you i love you. thank you for having the energy to keep us all updated so often on how you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I'm so glad you can smile! :) Is your mouth wired shut? I can't imagine they would want you to be opening your mouth right now. Are you drinking everything through a straw? Or is the sucking motion to hard on the joints? Just a few things I was pondering. :) Keep healing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Carrie,

    They use really strong rubberbands to hold everything shut and in place. I drink out of a sippy cup and a regular small cup. The suction of the straw would be really hard to do, and it would also have a greater risk of infection.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

166 Days Post-Op