Officially 1mo. Post-Op....Tired and Drained

I haven't been sleeping well the last few nights, more than even before. I have also lost my ability to nap during the day. I don't know what's going on, but I am not a fan. I think I need to try to be more active during the day...but how? I am not allowed to start even light exercise till next week. Oh well, at least it's Friday.

Sam and I will be setting up our Christmas Tree this weekend & going to a concert tomorrow night to see A.A. Bondy. I am excited to get out and feel a bit normal. It isn't very warm up here in the NE so I think that isn't helping my mood. I do break down almost everyday because this whole process is so frustrating and can be isolating...not to mention physically exhausting. I really think doing "normal" things this weekend will help.

I am having more nerve related pain, which is good because it means I'm getting feeling back. However, it is still pain, so it hurts. My muscles in my head have got to stop going into spasm. Still no word from the doctors on the Botox injections. Hopefully soon, and hopefully they will be what I need to stop the spasms.

Today my goal is to stay positive and to do activities I love to do but haven't done in a while. I think I'll do some reading and drawing while listening to some music. Hopefully I'll be able to take a walk downtown (a.k.a only a half mile round trip) with someone to get some exercise. I don't trust myself to walk too far by myself because I get winded and light headed easily despite my calorie intake. Need to get my stamina up.

Alright, I hope I hear back from the doctors today...

Smiling on through it all :)

Comments

  1. you kick butt Mar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy M.
    Keep smiling, Mary! Despite everything that you have already gone thru and what you are experiencing at this time, you are doing great! Your candor, humor, and grace during this journey has been amazing. At this time you're maybe feeling that this process just seems to go on and on and, if in your shoes, we would all probably be having those feelings. But just keep thinking about the great strides that you have made this past month and it will only keep getting better. Hard to be patient though, but you will be rewarded! Take care and enjoy trimming that tree!! Always look forward to your postings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up, Mar! You are so brave, and so tough...an inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

166 Days Post-Op