Day 32...Turning the Corner?

So here I am 32 days past surgery! Yesterday was a good turning point for me. We took a walk downtown to do some Christmas shopping and grocery shopping. We were out and about for a couple hours and did quite a bit of walking. We went to a restaurant, I tried having the tomato soup, but it was too thick...but it sure felt good to out in the "real world"! Instead of getting more and more tired as we were downtown, my tired level stayed the same. Which I think is good. I took an hours rest on the futon (which included doing my exercises) when we got home. Then I made chocolate-peanut butter no-bake cookies followed by chicken cordon bleu. Then I was able to serve Sam and two friends a delicious dinner of chicken cordon bleu, stuffing, and broccoli. I also sat at the dinner table, but I had my naked drink and water. Making all of the food actually didn't make me miss eating, it helped. After dinner we went to the A.A. Bondy concert. It was good; however, not what I needed. I thought it was going to be a great show to see because the music isn't super loud or anything. It ended up being louder than I thought...a lot of feedback with the electric guitar...I was sitting down a good ways away from the stage, but I could feel my face vibrating. I mean I could feel my nuts and bolts and plates moving. I had to go take rescue in the bathroom for at the end. It was a learning experience.
I am happy with the way the swelling is coming down. My left side is still more swollen than my right. Not sure why. The swelling between my nose and upper lip still needs to come down as well.

Pain Levels- Pain is all either muscle spasms, nerves coming back, or the darn hook that is in my bottom jaw that connects my front band to the screw. Overall pain level is a 6 still. I take Tylenol twice a day before each band change/exercises in hopes that it will help with the hook pain, and the muscle pain while exercising. The hook...tomorrow I see Dr. Chira again and I hope she gives me a new band configuration that does not involve the hook because it makes me cry each time I have to put my band on. My nerves are so sensitive there. No amount of Oragel helps...

Nerves-I now have feeling in almost all my face. My bottom lip and chin still have limited feeling. Last night my chin literally felt like someone was lighting matches on it. Quite uncomfortable. My lip and chin still twitch. I am pleased with the burning sensations and twitching because it means more feeling each day...baby steps.

Today Sam and I got our Christmas tree & trimmed it. It's quite the Charlie Brown tree, but it makes me feel happy! Our space heater, which is our only form of heat till the 16th, died today. With it freezing outside, we had to go out and buy a new one...oh the joys.

Botox-Tomorrow I call Dr. H (implant & ginvivectomy doctor) to set up my Botox appointment. I am excited to have it done, but nervous about having it done at the same time. I want it to work, I'm nervous it won't. I am also nervous about having the actually shots done...hopefully I can be asleep for them....I'm a baby when it comes to shots. Haha I can go through jaw surgery, but a shot to my head I can't handle....ha.

My energy level is up despite my still liquid diet...I think the new Odwalla and Naked drinks added might be helping. Also, I think my active day yesterday helped me sleep last night. A.K.A more energy today.

Overall, I am still struggling in some ways, but making great progress in others. I think I am at my turning point...each day I think positive, and talk myself into having a great day in hopes it will work, and I think it really does make a difference in my day.

Thanks everyone for you continued support!!

Smiling On!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

166 Days Post-Op