Weird Dreams

Since I started taking all of this medication I have had really strange dreams, always threatening and scary. I have these dreams every night. The number of solid nights of sleep I've had without dreams in the last 3 years can be counted on one hand. Recently I have had a lot more animals in my dreams, which I have read means they can be more meaningful.

Last nights dream was about bears. Lot's of bears: mama bears, papa bears, and bear cubs. These bears were hiding in many different places NOT in nature. They were all in buildings, cars, etc. They were attacking people, yet at the same time they seemed like they were hiding. I was never attacked, but I was I was being pursued. Lots of other things were going on in the dream, but this was the main thread that lasted throughout.

I looked up the meaning of this dream and found out that being pursued or attacked by bears in your dreams can mean financial loss, overwhelming obstacles, renewal, burden, and meeting with emotions. Now if those things don't describe my jaw surgery part of my life right now, then I don't know what does.

When I stop my pain medication on Saturday, I wonder if my weird dreams are going to stop too...hmmmm I'll let you all know.

Tomorrow NYC with Dr. Mac! I guess I'll post again on Friday :)

Comments

  1. Hey there. I just came across your blog. I am also having surgery with Dr.
    Gunson. No surgery date yet. I have asymmetry and TMJ issues as well. I would LOVE to talk to you about your upcoming surgery. How did you get your insurance to cover the surgery? Who is your insurance provider? I'm also going to Dr. Gunson from out-of-state. I'm from Utah. It would really be nice to talk to somebody who understands my/our pain. email me at ryanvaughnmurray@gmail.com when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're healing is coming along. What does pain medications does Dr. Gunson have you on and how often do you take them?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

166 Days Post-Op