Rambling Thoughts: Blood, Pills, Parties, Measurements

Today I gave my autologous blood donation for my surgery. It feels good to have it if I need a transfusion during surgery. It's been about 5 years since I've given blood, so the process was familiar, but still felt a bit foreign. My arm is slightly swollen & sensitive to the touch, but there isn't a bruise so I guess that is good. I have only 14.5 days left till surgery!!! Crazy! Thursday I have my appointment in NYC with Dr.Mac. I am flying in and out in the same day. I'm feeling like quite the jet-setter!

I am excited about this weekend. My parents are throwing a "Bon Voyage" party so I can see friends and family before my big trip. I also get to stop taking 4 different types of pills, that's 6 less pills a day! Out of my usual 15 types of pills I take each day, I am very much looking forward to the decrease! It will help save a little money :) I am not looking forward to the fact that the medicines I need to stop are all the ones that help with swelling and pain...It will be a long 10 days prior to surgery, but it will be TEN DAYS TILL SURGERY! So close. Call me crazy, but I am looking forward to being numb and congested and miserable if it means no pain in the long run!

Today I was looking at all of my documents, pictures, measurements, etc from my initial consult with Dr. Gunson. In looking at the measurements I found that my maxilla (upper jaw) is going to be moved forward 8mm, and my mandible (lower) will be moved forward 12mm! That's a pretty great advancement. I was also reminded of the specific goals we have for this surgery in my treatment plan:
  1. bite correction
  2. bite correction stability
  3. facial enhancement
  4. gingival health
  5. joint health
  6. adequate airway
Phew! I'm excited! Only a few more days of this ol' jaw and I'm upgrading!

I need to give a special thanks to my sister Cindy for sending me a care package filled with lots of needed items for my surgery! Thanks Cindy!

...till next time, Smile :)

Comments

  1. I snooped around some of the other blogs that you follow, ;), and am wondering if you will post before and after pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yesssss I sure will be!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

166 Days Post-Op