Soooo, I've decided I just have a lot of extra fluid floating around in my head due to the lack of anti-inflammatory meds. This is making me feel congested, and have a sore throat due to the excess drainage. I do not have an infection! Good News! I see Dr. Myers MD this afternoon so I hope she can help my fluids flow better and alleviate this congestion. I also get hormone tests done today, just to make sure they are doing their job to make sure my joints are healthy.

Yesterday was my last day of work...I'm now in the unemployment world. It actually feels pretty good, because after surgery I'll be able to start fresh!

This week I have received great gifts from my friends to help me out before, during, and after surgery! Thank you everyone!!

I fly out to Santa Barbara tomorrow with my parents...it's going to be a 13.5 hours travel day, hopefully I'll be able to sleep on the planes. I'm excited to get out of 40s and rainy to 70s and sunny!! I think one of the hardest things for me to deal with is being so far away from home, but it's only for a couple weeks, so it'll be okay.

I'm very excited to get this surgery done!! Being off of the pain meds had brutally brought to my attention how terrible the arthritis in my joints are. Let's get these joints in their right places so they can start healing!!

Alright, off to start my final day at home...keep on smiling :)

Comments

  1. good luck on the traveling tomorrow!!!!! i wonder if they give out candy on the airplanes on halloween....i wish i was going to be able to go out there like we had hoped! you have to make sure mom and dad update me while you're gone - you know how they're bad at that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they give out candy I can chew! And I'll be blogging while I'm out there so if you don't hear from the rents, just check this out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't start dis'ing the parents. You've got a long way to go before this is over!

    Smile on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you're not actually sick. Safe travels! Can't wait to hear how Santa Barbara is this time of year...probably perfect, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May "The Force" be with you Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, Helen is 'unmovable'. Comes from my stubborn streak. You just have to learn how to channel it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

166 Days Post-Op