NYC

On Thursday I woke up at 4am to catch my 6am flight to NYC. I am not a morning person, this was rough. After landing @ JFK I hung around the airport for a couple of hours, basically sitting like a zombie till catching a cab @ 9 to take me to The Met. This cab ride was pretty terrible. The cabbie was chain smoking, and the entire 45min drive I felt like I was on the Rattler wooden roller-coaster at Six Flags in San Antonio. At the Met I saw just about the whole museum due to getting lost several times looking for the restroom (which I did find eventually...). I really enjoyed the Robert Frank photography exhibit. It was really inspiring! At about 11 I decided to head up to the roof where there was an amazing panoramic view of the entire city & central park. It was in the low 70s and sunny, so the roof was the perfect place to kill some time before heading to my 1:00 appt with Dr. Mac only a few blocks away. I got in some great people watching!

Before my appt I met a friend on the corner of 77th st. where he walked me to my appt on the corner of 73rd. It was a short visit but it was great to see him :) Thanks Vinny!

My appt started at 1 and I was there until 4. A full 3 hours in the chair. Dr. Mac built up my canines on the bottom so they actually look like canines, filled bonding in around my implant so I would have some temporary support there for surgery, he "etched" just about all my teeth to make sure they were the right shape for the perfect fit post surgery. He also took two sets of molds. One set in the middle of my appt, then another on at the end. He took the middle set to get a better view for what he needed to do for surgery. He cut the top section like my bone is going to be cut, and he fit in into the bottom the way the bottom is going to be post surgery. It was pretty cool to see. The best thing about these molds it that they were EASY! No drama, no bands coming loose, no gagging! It was awesome, well as far as molds go. The pain in my jaw was pretty bad by the end of the appointment, and the muscle spasms were quite intense as well.

Dr. Mac had to leave right after my appointment to get to the airport. He was leaving to go to a conference in Portland, OR where we was going to be meeting with both Dr. Chira AND Dr. Gunson to talk about my case. Pretty Sweet! I had no idea this was even going to happen until I got to my appt Thursday! Dr. Mac said they were going to look at my pictures and molds and make sure there wasn't any more "tweaking" to be done in the next week. It feels really good to have my team meeting together so close to surgery! I feel so comfortable going into this surgery! Dr. Mac had my surgery about 4 years ago, so he told me, "I wouldn't have you do anything I wouldn't do myself." He also told me to use up all the medication they give me and I would be happy, and it would make the first two weeks post surgery go by a lot faster. Do you hear that Mom & Dad? Keep me drugged up!

After my appointment I spent some time in Central Park people watching and enjoying the beautiful day! It also helped calm down my very angry jaw to relax and do nothing for a while. At about 5:30 I was picked up by NYC friend #2 Chris. He took me to dinner at a lovely Italian place and then to Rockefeller Center where we watched people ice skate, checked out the Today Show set, and looked inside of the Catholic Cathedral (which was quite impressive!). Chris was then so kind as to give me a ride to the airport for my 10:30 flight home! Thank you Chris! I owe you big time!

Overall I'd say my NYC adventure was a success. It was very exhausting, but very productive. Although I still can't say I am a NYC fan.

Today is my Bon Voyage party at my parents house. I am looking forward to eating a lot of foods I won't be able to eat in 10 days :)

As an aside I was asked how long it takes me to do the daily maintenance on my mouth. Flossing, Water Pic, Brushing, and mouth wash routine takes about half an hour. The flossing takes the longest because of the brackets and not being able to open my mouth wide enough to easily get through the brackets.

I think that's all the blogging I have in me for today, keep on smiling :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

166 Days Post-Op