64 Days Post-Op...

Has it really been 9 weeks since surgery? In so many ways I feel like I just had surgery, and in other ways I know I have come a long way. In less than a week I will start soft chewing. I am hesitant about how exactly to chew. Hopefully it will be like riding a bike, and I'll pick it up again easily. Although, my teeth, jaws, and muscles have all moved so I think it will be more difficult. I have enjoyed this weeks freedom of no bands during the day, and am still so grateful I don't have to wear the band on the hook and screw at all! I think my jaw is more tired, it actually has to work harder to keep my jaw closed, and with the Botox in the lower jaw muscles I think it puts more strain on other areas. Overall my pain is still low, at a 4 usually.

My swelling is going down. I was able to FINALLY get back in the pool for physical therapy this week. I think it was really beneficial to move! I noticed a difference in my swelling after. I know I haven't posted pictures in a while, so I will have to do that in the next few days.

My right jaw clicks while opening and closing, and it is sometimes painful. But I think it is only painful because my jaw muscles are still tight. My ears do have ringing in them sometimes, which worries me because this was a sign before surgery for TMJ. I just want my jaw joints to be better. I don't want them to regress to how they were before surgery. I try not to over think because only time will tell...

My energy still comes in waves. I cannot wait to have energy that lasts more than a half hour. I am so ready to get back to "normal."

I am looking forward to seeing Dr. Gunson in Santa Barbara on Tuesday (although not excited about the long flights...). I hope he loves everything he sees! Dr. Chira is very pleased with my bite, and I hope he is too! When I saw Dr. Chira on Wednesday my ROM was up to 20mm! WHOOHOOO! Hopefully I'll be able to schedule a date to get the screw and hook removed in March!

That's all the blogging I have in me today...smile on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

166 Days Post-Op