Weight Gain = Victory!

To many "weight" and "gain" are dirty words, words that sound like nails on a chalk board. However, right now they are music to my ears!

About 6 weeks ago I made a commitment to gain weight for my surgery. I have a high metabolism - to say the least, so I knew having double jaw surgery would cause me to lose more weight than the average person. My method- eat more, more often. This proves difficult when I am already on a restricted diet, not only because of my braces, but because of my terrible TMJs. BUT I did it! I have officially gained 10lbs...My pants don't fit as well & t-shirts are a little bit more snug, but I don't mind. Most people don't even believe I have gained any weight due to my build...Whoohoo for being 5'11"! According to my surgeon's office the average person will lose 5-10lbs. With my metabolism I anticipate loosing double

In other blogs and message board posts I've seen most people are excited about the weight they are going to lose, or have lost from surgery. This really made me think about my own weight and what I needed to do to stay healthy.

My diet post surgery will be very restricted:
  • 1st and 2nd week- strained liquids any color, NO particles (they cause infections)
  • After 15days- particles in liquids are OK unless incision is open
  • 8-10 Weeks Post surgery- soft chew diet begins @ surgeons direction...
.....I am going to have to start filling up the pantry with tea, milk, Ensure, Boost, 7-Up, Broth, Intant Breakfast, Ovaline, and juices!

Anyone want to join this diet with me?!!? Haha please- really, no one put yourself through the torture....

This weeks medical updates:
  1. Had routine blood work/urinalysis done for Dr.Myers
  2. Hyper mobility in my joins has proved to be a pain this week in my back and IT band in my right hip (the one I had surgery on)...Physical therapy with ultrasound and tape are helping, along with going to the pool for exercis.
Well, that's all for now! Until next time.... Smile :)

Comments

  1. Boost is actually yummy, I drank the high protein stuff when I got my wisdom teeth out!


    Chani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I used to drink it a lot during snack time when I was student teaching! Thanks Chani!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

2 Years Post-Op Update