Random Updates

Last week I found out at my splint appointment that I need to make yet another trip to New York City to see Dr. Mac. He will be creating my "supplement" tooth for my implant, along with tuning up some other teeth that have been worn down with my grinding since I was without a splint since February. I thought Dr.Mac would be able to come up to VT in October, but plans changed. Another unplanned cost, nearly $300 on the airplane ticket. I also got a call from the Red Cross to set up my blood donation. I need to have them take a pint of my blood, freeze it, and send it out to the hospital in CA for me if I need a transplant. Another cost, but I am happy to have it done just in case I need it! They told me it won't be covered under insurance do to the contract the Red Cross has with my hospital in CA. I think I will try to fight it anyway, and save around $400. It feels really good to have all of my appointments from now until my surgery scheduled!

I've recently received some questions about the title of my blog...Why, "A Smile Connects Us"? Well, it is a Kermit the Frog song. As an Elementary teacher I find this song to be really inspiring! Every time I hear it it makes me smile. So, alas I decided it would prove to be an appropriate blog title for this major life event! If you would like to listen I think this link should work.

This weekend I was eating maple habanero chicken and got a habanero seed stuck in between my implant and my tooth. Let me tell you, it was painful. It swelled up, was red, and throbbing. I used my prescription mouth wash and it got a lot better...oh the joys of braces and implants...

My pain levels this week have been OK, the splint is still proving to be a challenge to talk with. My muscles are still adjusting; however, my joints feel much better! I have my second splint adjustment, Dr.Myers, and PT all this week...

Hey Katy, if you read this, I'd like to borrow my camera to upload some photos!

I'm starting to make a movie list for post-surgery, if you have any ideas please pass them on! Keep in mind I don't to scary!

Till next time, smile on!

Comments

  1. that really sucks about the extra trip to NYC...glad the splint is going well, though! i was thinking, since you're having trouble talking with the splint, maybe you should take this time to learn sign language..or at least brush up on your penminship! how long after the surgery are you going to have trouble talking?

    oh - and i hope to get your package together this weekend...depending on your brother...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey tell him to get on it! hehe, I'm looking forward to it! Sam and I took sign language class a few semesters ago, so we do know some. Post surgery they encourage me to talk (at least try) so my muscles can start re-learning how to work. How much people will understand me is a totally different subject. I think it really all depends on when I get feeling back.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

166 Days Post-Op