Random Update- 7+mo. Post-Op

Me, Dr. Mac, and Lindsay in NYC
This picture was taken when I was in NYC and had the work done on my top canines. This was after nearly three hours in the dentist chair (my jaw is a bit swollen). My jaw buddy Lindsay met me at the end of my appointment, she is just starting out in the splint process (w/ Dr. Mac), and will be having a similar surgery to mine (probably)...Linds, you are a ROCKSTAR! Thanks Dr. Mac for treating us! We really couldn't be in better hands...as he has also had double jaw surgery with the same docs, I think he understands more than others might.

Currently my joints are starting to become more angry, chewing isn't as easy as it was a couple weeks ago, and I have a lot more pressure in my ears. My energy level is also much lower than it was a few weeks ago, I am begining to feel like I did pre-op. My bite feels GREAT (teeth fit together just the way they should), but my joints just feel terrible. Ugh. I am also beginning to more increasingly annoyed by my screws...let's hope it's a passing thing....Despite all the negative I still feel better than I did pre-op, and have zero regrets!!

I turn 25 on Wednesday, and would have loved to had all of my braces off to celebrate, but it just wasn't in the cards.

On the positive I am going to be seeing a lot of family and friends in the next few weeks that I haven't seen in months and even years so I am very excited for that!

I am still on the job hunt, and would love to be in a K-6 classroom come August....I have many applications out there, just waiting for someone to give me the chance to prove to be an amazing asset to their school. I had to postpone teaching because of my jaw, and would hate to have to postpone it anymore! I love teaching!

Still Smiling!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

2 Years Post-Op Update