7 Years Post-Op


HAPPY 7 YEAR "JAWVERSARY" TO ME!
Sam, Addie and I on our first day at Seattle residents.
Hello to anyone whose found their way to my little blog. It's been 7 years since my double jaw surgery. Please look back and see how far I've come. Some (I dare say, most days) I forget I even had jaw surgery. Never, ever thought I'd say that.

In the last year, in addition to being diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis (an auto-immune disease), I've also been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis (another auto-immune disease). So combine that with my Marfan Syndrome...my body has a lot going on....but my jaw is holding steady.

In terms of residual symptoms in my jaw/from surgery....I would say I have minimal jaw tension and have had one lip-twitching incident in the last year. Both, I'd say, are aggravated by stress.

I've had no dental work done in the last year and a half, besides the routine check-up and cleaning(s). The extensive work I've had done with Dr. Mac (tooth-fixer-extraordinaire) is holding up strong.

With not much else to report on, here are a few pictures from Halloween this year. Below you'll find: Rosie the Riveter, A Cowboy, and A Typical-Two-Year-Old/Toddler Ozzy (someone refused to dress up....).

This fall we also celebrated our daughter's second birthday! Here we are making chocolate cupcakes for her little birthday celebration. She is so truly loved.

Thank you for your continued support. If you every need a place to turn for advice or understanding, please let me know or take a look at my previous posts.

As always, SMILE on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 40 Post-Op...Hook Pain

1 Year Post-Op!

166 Days Post-Op